db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mohamed Nufail <nufai...@gmail.com>
Subject Testing Derby OSGi bundle
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 08:45:44 GMT
Hi,

For the next part of my GSoC project I'm focusing on testing the Derby OSGi
bundle.
I believe what's required in this case is to make sure the Derby bundle
operates correctly in an OSGi environment. So what is needed is to install
Derby in an OSGi framework and check if it installs correctly and have its
basic functionality.

I found the Pax Exam framework [1] can be used to achieve this easily.
Using Pax Exam we could write a normal JUnit test and it will start an OSGi
framework and installs a set of bundles we specify (which would include the
Derby bundle in this case) and then the JUnit test will be installed as a
bundle. Then the tests would be invoked.
But the problem is Pax Exam is based on JUnit 4 and Derby uses JUnit 3 I
think.

Any ideas regarding this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nufail.

[1] http://team.ops4j.org/wiki/display/paxexam/Pax+Exam

--