db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mohamed Nufail <nufai...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Code coverage for client.net package
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2012 02:13:02 GMT
Hi,

I moved onto implementing some tests for the client.am package. I first
tried to cover the LogicalPreparedStatement class. I'm still working on it
and uploaded the current version on the following link.
http://pastebin.com/w4JqSh5Z

In writing the above test, I looked into the following tests which are
similar and tried to follow them.
- org.apache.derby.client.am.LogicalStatementEntityTest
- org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.derbynet.PrepareStatementTest
- org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.jdbc4.PreparedStatementTest

Most of the testParameterTypes() method is taken from
PrepareStatementTest#testParameterTypes().

testUnsupportedParameterTypes() is supposed to invoke JDBC4 specific
methods in LogicalPreparedStatement40. So it should be run only in JVM
which supports it. How do I enforce this?

Moreover, to create a LogicalPreparedStatement, I've now used
ClientPooledConnection and CachingLogicalConnection in the method
createLogicalPreparedStatement(). But in LogicalStatementEntityTest, this
is done straightly through StatementCacheInteractor. But those methods are
package-private. So I had to use this methodology.

I would be including couple more tests to this and do some clean-up and
hope to write a similar test to cover LogicalCallableStatement also. But I
would like to get feedback on my current progress. I'd like to know if I'm
going down the correct path.

Regards,
Nufail.

--