db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Managing multiple patches in eclipse
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 09:10:17 GMT
siddharth srivastava <akssps011@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> While improvising code coverage, I made a lot of changes in different
> files. Now the changes in each file is a patch in itself.
> So my question was, how do you create/manage diff for multiple issues
> simultaneously.
> The process I have been following now was to make change, create diff,
> revert back and again do the same for next patch.
> But now since I have 8-10 patches, is there a sane way of doing this ?

Hi Siddharth,

I've been using git for this. With git, you can do local commits, create
local branches, and reorder/splice/split/edit local commits as you
wish. I've found that managing multiple issues has been a lot easier
with git than with svn.

A git repository for Derby is hosted at http://git.apache.org.

Useful reading for contributors: http://www.apache.org/dev/git.html

And for committers: http://wiki.apache.org/general/GitAtApache