db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: FYI: I filed INFRA-5013 for missing subversion commits tab in Jira
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2012 13:30:26 GMT
On 7/12/12 1:02 PM, Katherine Marsden wrote:
> On 7/6/2012 9:03 AM, Katherine Marsden wrote:
>> Seems like it has been missing for a few days so I filed an issue:

> This issue was closed won't fix as it requires a release with a  fix
> for the svn plugin which  they don't expect anytime soon.  I think it
> would make sense to  start posting revisions to Jira maybe with the
> viewer url for convenience, e.g.
>
> trunk revision
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&amp;revision=1353852
> 10.8 revision
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&amp;revision=1359065
Hi Kathey,

I have been following this practice for years and agree that it is good
advice. Unfortunately, any convention is brittle if it isn't enforced
programatically.

> I will miss the svn plugin. #:(
Me too. I think you know about the SubversionLogVTI which is part of the
VTI demo. It can be used as a poor man's substitute for the svn plugin,
provided that people remember to put issue IDs in their commit comments.
However, it's an awkward, slow workaround because you have to dump the
svn log first in order to get the raw data.

Thanks for pushing this forward and for reporting back to the list,
-Rick