db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Katherine Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Managing multiple patches in eclipse
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 22:23:55 GMT
On 7/3/2012 6:26 PM, siddharth srivastava wrote:
> Hi
>
> While improvising code coverage, I made a lot of changes in different
> files. Now the changes in each file is a patch in itself.
> So my question was, how do you create/manage diff for multiple issues
> simultaneously.
> The process I have been following now was to make change, create diff,
> revert back and again do the same for next patch.
> But now since I have 8-10 patches, is there a sane way of doing this ?

One option is to have multiple work spaces, just svn co to a different
location if you have enough disk space.  If your changes are in distinct
files, you can have them all in one work space and create individual
patches with svn diff  <filename> .  I've done that with two or three,
never eight or ten.  Probably that is a sign that your patches are
backing up.  Do you have a list that needs review and commit?

Thanks

Kathey