db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Impossible to run full AutoloadTest stand-alone?
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 11:41:08 GMT
Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunteren@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to reproduce a test failure I saw while running
> suites.All against the 10.9.1 release candidate - see DERBY-5800.
>
> However, running junit.textui.TestRunner
> org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.jdbcapi.AutoloadTest does
> not do the same thing as what is started from the jdbcapi._Suite.
> The failures in DERBY-5800 include the class:
> org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.jdbcapi.JDBCDriversEmbeddedTest
> I can run this class, of course. (so far not able to duplicate the problem).
> And of course I can run the full jdbcapi._Suite (or modify it so it
> only has the AutoloadTest)...
>
> I tried running junit.textui.TestRunner -m
> org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.jdbcapi.AutoloadTest.fullAutoloadSuite
>  - but that results in a 'method not found' (the method isn't public).
>
> Looks like there is no way to run the full Autoload test without
> modifying the code - or did I miss something?

If you want to run these four tests, and only these four tests, in a
single invocation of JUnit, I think you're right that the only option is
to modify the code somehow. But since all of these tests run in separate
JVM processes, it should (theoretically) be exactly the same as running
them one by one from the command line.

--
Knut Anders