db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From siddharth srivastava <akssps...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Code Coverage
Date Sun, 10 Jun 2012 03:36:32 GMT
Hi

I went through the entire package org.apache.derby.iapi.jdbc.
The emma code coverage report, doesn't seem to have EngineStatement
and the related classes, AuthenticationService but as I see they are
already used in the unit tests. I am just wondering what may be the
reason behind it.

It seems that this package owes most of its code coverage results to
other packages.

For example:
DerbyServerStarter mostly owes its code coverage to
NetworkServerControl and NetworkServerControlImpl which are tested in
NetworkServerTestSetup[1]
Also I noticed that the code involving security manager are not
covered by emma results (DERBY-5514) so the method and block coverage
results are not the true indicators for this case.

I have a doubt over coverage of BrokeredStatement. I wasn't able to
find exactly how BrokeredStatement has been tested though it seems
that the code coverage results come from XAConnection and
EmbedStatement.

[1]  http://dbtg.foundry.sun.com/derby/test/coverage/_files/6.html
[2]: http://dbtg.foundry.sun.com/derby/test/coverage/_files/1f.html

Thanks