db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mohamed Nufail <nufai...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Code coverage for client.net package
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 08:07:33 GMT
Hi,

Thank you everyone for the valuable suggestions.

By analysing those classes, I found that the following methods have no
usage at all.

NetConnectionReply class
verifyConnectReply(int codept)
readDummyExchangeServerAttributes(Connection connection)
checkRequiredObjects(boolean receivedFlag, boolean receivedFlag2, boolean
receivedFlag3, boolean receivedFlag4, boolean receivedFlag5, boolean
receivedFlag6)
checkRequiredObjects(boolean receivedFlag, boolean receivedFlag2, boolean
receivedFlag3, boolean receivedFlag4, boolean receivedFlag5, boolean
receivedFlag6, boolean receivedFlag7)

NetPackageReply class
parsePKGNAMCT(boolean skip)

NetStatementReply class
parseQRYPRCTYP()
parseSQLCSRHLD()
parseQRYATTSCR()
parseQRYATTSET()
parseQRYATTSNS()
parseQRYATTUPD()

Also I tried the suggested techniques for coming up with tests, but found
it difficult to determine the top-level classes calling the methods in
network client.

I hope to look into sql interface implementations on the client to come up
with tests.

Thanks,
Nufail.