db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mohamed Nufail <nufai...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Code coverage for client.net package
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 17:15:37 GMT
On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 7:45 PM, Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.derby@gmail.com
> wrote:

> This looks like a great collection of methods to focus on.

Actually what I meant to say was that these methods are not being called in
anywhere. Code inspection from my IDE revealed that these methods are
unused. So it might be possible to remove them.

> I suggest that you open a single JIRA, with a subject something like:
>
>        Investigate Network Client methods with zero test coverage
>
> and list these methods in it.
>
> Then, as we explore the individual methods one by one, you can open
> sub-task JIRA issues as children of the first one, to record the
> work that we do for that particular method or methods.
>
> Do you have a particular method that seems interesting to work on first?
>
> I don't have a particular idea on which methods would be better to tackle
first. But this procedure seems to be the way to go.

> I agree, this is challenging. What debugger or IDE do you use? I think
> that most IDEs, including Eclipse, NetBeans, and IntelliJ, have some
> tools for finding the callers of a particular method.

I'm using IntelliJ. But the problem is these methods seem not to be
directly called. I'll try running the debugger to see how they work.

--

Mohamed Nufail
Undergraduate,