db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Splitting up the fixed issues listing in the release notes
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2012 14:22:48 GMT
On 6/25/12 6:48 AM, Kristian Waagan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While looking through the release notes for 10.9 it occurred to me
> that rather many of the issues listed under "Bug Fixes" aren't of
> particular interest for users of Derby, and that those that are of
> interest may be somewhat hard to find in the long list.
>
> Do people think it makes sense to split up the list of fixed bugs into
> several sections, for instance product fixes, docs and web site fixes
> ,and test fixes?
>
> I chose the two additional categories because they stand out
> relatively clearly. Maybe I'm wrong, but I imagine some users would
> want to skip the test issues, look at the docs issues to see if there
> have been fixes to relevant areas, and look at the list of product
> fixes out of curiosity or to check if there may be fixes that address
> particular problems they are seeing with Derby.
>
> I've attached an example, and a diff showing the required changes to
> the build tools. There are details to settle for a final version of
> this functionality.
>

> Regards,
Hi Kristian,

This seems like a step in the right direction. It's less brittle than
the alternative approach of adding a new JIRA field to flag which issues
deserve to turn up in the release notes. A further refinement might be
to exclude the issues in the Test and Website components.

I spotted a null release id in the first sentence of the "Bug Fixes"
section.

Thanks,
-Rick