db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <kristian.waa...@oracle.com>
Subject Splitting up the fixed issues listing in the release notes
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2012 13:48:53 GMT
Hi,

While looking through the release notes for 10.9 it occurred to me that
rather many of the issues listed under "Bug Fixes" aren't of particular
interest for users of Derby, and that those that are of interest may be
somewhat hard to find in the long list.

Do people think it makes sense to split up the list of fixed bugs into
several sections, for instance product fixes, docs and web site fixes
,and test fixes?

I chose the two additional categories because they stand out relatively
clearly. Maybe I'm wrong, but I imagine some users would want to skip
the test issues, look at the docs issues to see if there have been fixes
to relevant areas, and look at the list of product fixes out of
curiosity or to check if there may be fixes that address particular
problems they are seeing with Derby.

I've attached an example, and a diff showing the required changes to the
build tools. There are details to settle for a final version of this
functionality.

Regards,
--
Kristian