db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Katherine Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: crash recovery test for 10.9
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 20:07:59 GMT
On 6/13/2012 12:28 PM, Rick Hillegas wrote:
> A little more than a week remains for vetting the 10.9.1 release
> candidate. It looks like people have verified all except one of the
> items on our checklist:
> http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TenNineOneChecklist. The remaining
> item is "Recovery after crashing engine".

Just as an FYI, there are a couple adhoc tests that I usually run that I
won't be able to do this round.  I am not sure if they warrant adding to
the checklist or not.  I will probably run them for  10.10.

One is IPV6 and remote client testing.   Just simple tests to make sure
connections work between two IPv6 machines and an iPv4 and iPv6 machine.

The other is upgrade and compatibility testing which usually pops some
issues and exposes the need for release notes, but is quite painful to
perform.