db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Code coverage for client.net package
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 23:50:06 GMT
>     This looks like a great collection of methods to focus on.
>
> Actually what I meant to say was that these methods are not being called in anywhere.
Code inspection from my IDE revealed that
> these methods are unused. So it might be possible to remove them.

Even better!

Although it is possible to do tricky things like invoking methods
via reflection, in general the Derby codebase doesn't do that
(there are some important exceptions, but...).

So if your IDE believes that these methods aren't being called,
I agree that it seems like we should be able to remove them.

Let's proceed on the assumption that we'll try to remove these
unused and un-called methods, unless we can find some evidence
that shows a reason to retain them.

thanks,

bryan