db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <kristian.waa...@oracle.com>
Subject Alternative code coverage report using JaCoCo
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 21:15:48 GMT
Hi all,

I've been looking into adding support for JaCoCo [1] for Derby, which is
a tool used to obtain code coverage numbers. My main motivation for
doing so has been because the development of EMMA seems to have stopped
in 2005/2006.

Since there is some activity around code coverage in the community right
now (i.e. GSoC 2012), I'm posting a first report right away, even though
I haven't provided the required patch yet. The report was generated by
running a patched build.xml and BaseTestCase. Regarding the tests, I
added the replication tests to junit-core. Not sure how that suite test
is run with EMMA.

Anyway, the report can be found at
http://people.apache.org/~kristwaa/jacoco/
That location is temporary, but I'll keep it around for a while. Feel
free to have a look and tell what you think of the report. Also,
comparing the results with those of EMMA may be useful as a sanity check.

Regards,
--
Kristian

[1] http://www.eclemma.org/jacoco/