db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Code coverage for client.net package
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 14:15:29 GMT
On 06/11/2012 01:07 AM, Mohamed Nufail wrote:
> By analysing those classes, I found that the following methods have no usage at all.

This looks like a great collection of methods to focus on.

I suggest that you open a single JIRA, with a subject something like:

	Investigate Network Client methods with zero test coverage

and list these methods in it.

Then, as we explore the individual methods one by one, you can open
sub-task JIRA issues as children of the first one, to record the
work that we do for that particular method or methods.

Do you have a particular method that seems interesting to work on first?

 > Also I tried the suggested techniques for coming up with tests, but found it difficult
to determine the top-level classes
 > calling the methods in network client.

I agree, this is challenging. What debugger or IDE do you use? I think
that most IDEs, including Eclipse, NetBeans, and IntelliJ, have some
tools for finding the callers of a particular method.

thanks,

bryan