db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <kristian.waa...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 10.9.1.0 release
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 10:09:58 GMT
On 04.06.12 17:08, Kristian Waagan wrote:
> I don't know what causes these differences, but Rick built the RC on OS
> X with a Java 6 compiler, whereas I built the sources on Solaris 11 with
> a Java 7 compiler. As a third data point I checked this with Java 7u4 on
> Linux, and here too I got an extra checkcast instruction compared to the
> RC. So this seems to be a difference between the Java 6 and Java 7
> compilers used.

FYI, I mixed up the compiler versions used. What I described above was
with a Java 6 compiler, and that resulted in a total of six differing
classes.

When using a Java 7 compiler, 34 classes end up with a different
representation when disassembled. The differences here include the ones
from above, but there are also other changes.

--
Kristian