db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From dag.wan...@oracle.com (Dag H. Wanvik)
Subject Re: Maven debug and source artifacts for Derby
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 09:30:10 GMT
Kristian Waagan <kristian.waagan@oracle.com> writes:

> Together with source artifacts, I believe adding debug information
> will make it easier for people using Maven as their build tool to get
> involved with Derby. I think providing these artifacts can benefit
> both these users and the Derby community.
> I can't see how providing these artifacts would hurt.

I think this question is larger than the Maven artifacts: do we want to
provide bundles that have line number debug information, i.e. your a),
in addition to b) and b) or possibly as a replacement for b) or c)?

I agree that line numbers would often by the preferred default, and the
fully stripped jars would mostly needed for constrained environments.

But we have many artifacts already, so it could increase confusion. What
do others think?

Dag