db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 10.9 release
Date Wed, 16 May 2012 17:45:21 GMT
On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 11:17 AM, Rick Hillegas
<rick.hillegas@oracle.com> wrote:
> A little less than a week remains before we build the first 10.9 release
> candidate. At the end of this message, I summarize the status of important
> issues, which people had hoped we would address for 10.9.
>
> At this time, I do not see any reason to push back the 10.9 schedule and I
> plan to build a release candidate next Monday. Please let me know if you
> disagree with this decision.
>
> Thanks,
> -Rick
>
> ------------------------ IMPORTANT ISSUES ------------------------
>
[...]
>
> Partial progress has been made on some of the following issues. However,
> some of these issues have not attracted a volunteer yet. I do not plan to
> hold up the release for any of this stabilization work:
>
> DERBY-4852 Instability in JMXTest.
> DERBY-5197 Instability in Replication tests.
> DERBY-5600 Instability in Replication tests.
> DERBY-5666 Instability in NativeAuthenticationServiceTest
> DERBY-5686 Instability in DriverMgrAuthenticationTest.
>
>
[...]

Hi Rick,

I assigned myself to DERBY-5686. I believe most of the other issues
are likely duplicates. I have moved the nightly tests off the machine
where this showed up to facilitate debugging, but this really only
masks the problem to the outside world.

I am actively working on it by making/trying out changes in the test
classes, and Kathey Marsden is also working on this by looking at the
engine source code...While I hesitate to postpone the release for
this, it is a disconcerting issue and I would much prefer to see it
resolved or at least understood before the release. The concern is of
course that if something shows up in our nightly tests, it *could*
show up in production.

Myrna

Mime
View raw message