db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Knut Anders Hatlen (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (DERBY-5554) NullPointerException in generated VTI code
Date Wed, 23 May 2012 09:57:41 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5554?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13281489#comment-13281489
] 

Knut Anders Hatlen commented on DERBY-5554:
-------------------------------------------

By the way, here's an assert failure in a similar query (NPE in insane builds):

ij> select * from sys.systables st, sys.sysconglomerates sc, (select * from table(syscs_diag.space_table(st.tablename))
t2) t3 where st.tabletype='T' and st.tableid=sc.tableid;
ERROR XJ001: Java exception: 'ASSERT FAILED Found multiple optimizables that share one or
more referenced table numbers (esp: '{0}'), but that should not be the case.: org.apache.derby.shared.common.sanity.AssertFailure'.
                
> NullPointerException in generated VTI code
> ------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: DERBY-5554
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5554
>             Project: Derby
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: SQL
>    Affects Versions: 10.3.1.4, 10.4.1.3, 10.5.1.1, 10.6.1.0, 10.7.1.1, 10.8.2.2
>            Reporter: Bryan Pendleton
>              Labels: derby_triage10_9
>
> With the latest 10.8.2.2 binary distribution, the following short script produces a NullPointerException:
> java -Dij.exceptionTrace=true org.apache.derby.tools.ij
> ij> connect 'jdbc:derby:brydb;create=true';
> ij> create table t1 (a int);
> ij> SELECT T2.*, systabs.*, syscgs.conglomeratenumber
>     FROM 
>         SYS.SYSTABLES systabs, sys.sysconglomerates syscgs,
>         TABLE (SYSCS_DIAG.SPACE_TABLE(systabs.tablename)) AS T2
>     WHERE systabs.tabletype = 'T' and systabs.tableid = syscgs.tableid;
> The exception trace is pasted below:
> ERROR 38000: The exception 'java.lang.NullPointerException' was thrown while evaluating
an expression.
> java.sql.SQLException: The exception 'java.lang.NullPointerException' was thrown while
evaluating an expression.
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.seeNextException(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.handleException(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleException(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.ConnectionChild.handleException(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeStatement(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.execute(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.execute(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.tools.ij.ij.executeImmediate(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.tools.ij.utilMain.doCatch(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.tools.ij.utilMain.runScriptGuts(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.tools.ij.utilMain.go(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.tools.ij.Main.go(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.tools.ij.Main.mainCore(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.tools.ij.Main.main(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.tools.ij.main(Unknown Source)
> Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: The exception 'java.lang.NullPointerException' was
thrown while evaluating an expression.
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.wrapArgsForTransportAcrossDRDA(Unknown
Source)
> 	... 18 more
> Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Java exception: ': java.lang.NullPointerException'.
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.wrapArgsForTransportAcrossDRDA(Unknown
Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.javaException(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(Unknown Source)
> 	... 15 more
> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
> 	at org.apache.derby.exe.acf81e0010x0134x6972x0511x0000033820000.g0(Unknown Source)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
> 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
> 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.services.reflect.ReflectMethod.invoke(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.VTIResultSet.openCore(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.JoinResultSet.openRight(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.JoinResultSet.openCore(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.JoinResultSet.openCore(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.ProjectRestrictResultSet.openCore(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.BasicNoPutResultSetImpl.open(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.executeStmt(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.execute(Unknown Source)
> 	... 11 more
> ERROR XJ001: Java exception: ': java.lang.NullPointerException'.
> java.sql.SQLException: Java exception: ': java.lang.NullPointerException'.
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.javaException(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.handleException(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleException(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.ConnectionChild.handleException(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeStatement(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.execute(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.execute(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.tools.ij.ij.executeImmediate(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.tools.ij.utilMain.doCatch(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.tools.ij.utilMain.runScriptGuts(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.tools.ij.utilMain.go(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.tools.ij.Main.go(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.tools.ij.Main.mainCore(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.tools.ij.Main.main(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.tools.ij.main(Unknown Source)
> Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Java exception: ': java.lang.NullPointerException'.
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.wrapArgsForTransportAcrossDRDA(Unknown
Source)
> 	... 19 more
> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
> 	at org.apache.derby.exe.acf81e0010x0134x6972x0511x0000033820000.g0(Unknown Source)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
> 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
> 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.services.reflect.ReflectMethod.invoke(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.VTIResultSet.openCore(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.JoinResultSet.openRight(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.JoinResultSet.openCore(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.JoinResultSet.openCore(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.ProjectRestrictResultSet.openCore(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.BasicNoPutResultSetImpl.open(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.executeStmt(Unknown Source)
> 	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.execute(Unknown Source)
> 	... 11 more

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ContactAdministrators!default.jspa
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

Mime
View raw message