db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: 10.9 update
Date Thu, 24 May 2012 20:23:22 GMT

On 5/24/2012 1:04 PM, Katherine Marsden wrote:
> On 5/24/2012 11:37 AM, Mike Matrigali wrote:
>> I am having some problems getting to JIRA, will update the issue when
>> I get online.
>>
>> I now have an environment where I can reproduce DERBY-5780. I am
>> actively working on this one, and think I understand the problem.
>> The commits are working fine, but we destroy/abort on each identity
>> column insert and that abort is sync writing where it did not use
>> to due to the change for sequences.
> I am curious would the abort cause possible space reclamation issues as
> well? If so would those be resolved with the proposed fix?
No, the issue is purely about syncing the log file in the specific case
of updating the value of the next identity key in the catalog.  Nothing
to do with space issues, nor anything todo with updates to actual user
tables, just the catalog where next identity value is kept - i think it
is syscolumns.