db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: 10.9 update
Date Thu, 24 May 2012 18:37:32 GMT
I am having some problems getting to JIRA, will update the issue when
I get online.

I now have an environment where I can reproduce DERBY-5780.  I am
actively working on this one, and think I understand the problem.
The commits are working fine, but we destroy/abort on each identity
column insert and that abort is sync writing where it did not use
to due to the change for sequences.

I can either make there be an abortNoSync(), or change transactions
to indicate on creation whether the default behavior is to sync or
not.  I think the second option is the right way to go but may involve
some code rototil, so may have a fix this week, but more likely a tested
fix to trunk by next tuesday given the holiday.