db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Code coverage for client.net package
Date Wed, 23 May 2012 03:52:34 GMT
> If only such little functionality is utilized, having those two classes is a waste. The
new solution sounds much better.

> So shall I proceed with the suggested solution?

Yes, I think that would be great!

As Knut Anders observed, these two classes were created
fairly recently.

You might start by reviewing the original change that
created these two files, and the JIRA entry that tracked
the discussion around that change, so that you have all
the background as to why those classes were created in
that fashion.

Then you could explore the options that Knut Anders suggested,
or perhaps after your studies you will have a different
solution to propose.

I believe that the change/JIRA information to examine is this:

$ svn log InputStreamUtil.java
r899819 | rhillegas | 2010-01-15 13:32:14 -0800 (Fri, 15 Jan 2010) | 1 line

DERBY-4491: Fix sealing violation which kills the AssertFailureTest on runs against insane
jar files.

We'll be looking forward to hear what you learn as you study this.

thanks,

bryan