db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Pendleton <bpendleton.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Code coverage for client.net package
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 14:07:30 GMT
> First I will focus on the client.net <http://client.net> package. In the schedule
I mentioned that I would be looking into the
> InputStreamUtil and DynamicByteArrayOutputStream classes first, because I thought they
would be easy to tackle with initially
> and those two classes have the least coverage in that package according to emma reports.

This sounds like a fine approach.

I wonder: is it possible that we have existing tests that cover
many of these classes, but are not being run because we currently
run those tests only in the embedded configuration, and not
in the network client configuration?

Or, related, is it possible that our current Emma configuration
is such that we are only measuring one side of the client-server
pair in a test run?

Perhaps someone who has worked through the details of the
Emma configuration for our test runs can make an educated guess
about whether either of these questions are worth pursuing?

thanks,

bryan