db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject 10.9 rampdown: open data corruptions
Date Fri, 18 May 2012 14:47:07 GMT
I have gone through the 10 open data corruptions. DERBY-5691 is the only
issue which I think we can make progress on in the time remaining for
10.9. Here's a summary of the issues.

Thanks,
-Rick

--------

Almost done, may need some final tweaking:

DERBY-5691 - Document the need to turn off write-caching.

--------

Waiting for more analysis by Derby developers:

DERBY-5281 - Possible weaknesses in BTree split logic.
DERBY-5221 - Corruption possibly related to broken database locking.
DERBY-4077 - Unbootable encrypted database.

--------

Waiting for more information from the user:

DERBY-5639 - Checksum error.
DERBY-5659 - Corruption after DELETE.
DERBY-5650 - Corruption noticed 7 months later.
DERBY-5234 - Corruption caused by table compression.

--------

Considered to be minor:

DERBY-5622 - Hash collisions when changing encryption password.
DERBY-5546 - Broken underflow checking.