db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject 10.9 release
Date Tue, 15 May 2012 18:17:01 GMT
A little less than a week remains before we build the first 10.9 release
candidate. At the end of this message, I summarize the status of
important issues, which people had hoped we would address for 10.9.

At this time, I do not see any reason to push back the 10.9 schedule and
I plan to build a release candidate next Monday. Please let me know if
you disagree with this decision.

Thanks,
-Rick

------------------------ IMPORTANT ISSUES ------------------------

I believe that the issues with identity/sequence generators have been
addressed (see DERBY-5495). People also expressed interest in tackling
the following issues:

-------

The following issue has been resolved:

DERBY-5667 Instability in UpdateLocksTest

-------

The following issues are being worked on and should be wrapped up by
next Monday:

DERBY-5565 Network Server should reject client connections that are not
Derby Network Cli
DERBY-5691 Document that Write Caching must be disabled to avoid
possible database corruption
DERBY-5508 Improve backup/restore documentation visibility and content
to encourage proper backups and restore procedures

-------

Partial progress has been made on some of the following issues. However,
some of these issues have not attracted a volunteer yet. I do not plan
to hold up the release for any of this stabilization work:

DERBY-4852 Instability in JMXTest.
DERBY-5197 Instability in Replication tests.
DERBY-5600 Instability in Replication tests.
DERBY-5666 Instability in NativeAuthenticationServiceTest
DERBY-5686 Instability in DriverMgrAuthenticationTest.

-------

No one has volunteered to pick up the following new features. I do not
plan to hold up the release, waiting for volunteers.

DERBY-4805 Increase the length of the RDBNAM field in the DRDA
DERBY-5578 Provide a way to invalidate stored prepared statements

-------

A fix has been checked in which addresses the repros attached to the
following issue. However, a user reports another version of the bug. I
am prepared to hold up the release if the new version of the bug can be
scripted. Otherwise, waiting for a repro is an unbounded problem, and I
think it is better to produce a 10.9 release which contains the current,
partial fix:

DERBY-5234 Data corruption caused by inplace table compression