db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: GSoC 2012 Proposal
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2012 11:23:49 GMT
siddharth srivastava <akssps011@gmail.com> writes:

> The results with the sane build seem better than the one on the site
> [2]. Is it due to theĀ
> fact that insane build has debug information and other exception
> related code as well
> which makes the code coverage results for it numerically weaker than
> the sane build ?

The reports published on the site also use sane builds. It looks like
the coverage is poorer in the replication code. The replication tests
spawn many processes, so I'm wondering if there might be a problem with
storing the coverage data from sub-processes; sometimes causing the
report generation to fail, sometimes making the report lack some data.

--
Knut Anders