db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 10.9 release
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 17:02:58 GMT
I am on board doing my usual testing for the period you are aiming
for. I think it's a good time - if you plan later people (including
myself) will be on vacation.

However, there are a number of frequent intermittent test failures
that my automated test runs are suffering from...If at all possible,
I'd like them addressed before a candidate...

Here's the list of the last two weeks:

- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5197:
	(AssertionFailedError: Could not connect in 20000 ms in
ReplicationRun_Local_3_p2.testReplication_Local_3_p2_StateTests_bigInsert_immediateStopMaster
)
	Note: I run with -Dderby.tests.networkServerStartTimeout=480.
- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5686
		(java.sql.SQLException: An SQL data change is not permitted for a
read-only connection, user or database.)
   	There's possibly a test somewhere that leaves behind database
property settings for read-only database. I'm trying to find such a
test.
- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5600
(replicationTests.ReplicationRun_Local_1Indexing)junit.framework.AssertionFailedError:
Failover did not succeed)
- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5667 - (Missing rows in
ResultSet in store.UpdateLocksTest).
	I am looking into this.
	The theory is that the 'missing rows' are locks, and that the lack of
them is due to background threads handling post-commit tasks.
	So I'm working towards adding some debugging code to capture the
error and adding  WAIT_FOR_POST_COMMIT (similar to what's in
LargeDataLocksTest.java).
- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4852 (50 errors,
starting with JMXTest, connection failed with
javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException & related).
- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5666
(NativeAuthenticationServiceTest : Database restoration unexpectedly
failed)

I don't think the release should be held up because of these issues.

Myrna