db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Katherine Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: GSoC 2012 - To potential student applicants on the list
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2012 18:38:13 GMT
On 4/12/2012 11:16 AM, Mohamed Nufail wrote:
> Hi Tiago,
>
> I didn't run Emma coverage reports myself by the time I wrote the
> proposal. But I managed to do it today. It took a long time to run all
> the tests, but it completed without errors and produced a coverage
> report. The numbers were almost the same as that of the automated
> runs. I will update the proposal to include this.
Great work.  On thing I recall is that the person who used to run this
could run with multiple JVM's and get cumulative results.  For example
running both JDK 1.5 and JDK 1.6 would better cover both
ClientDataSource and ClientDataSource40.   If any of your targeted
classes code path's appear to be java version dependent,  it might be
worthwhile to add JDK 1.5, JDK 1.6 and JDK 1.7 in your baseline to see
if they are already covered with other java versions.