db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Katherine Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Mohamed Nufail proposal (was Re: GSoC 2012 - To potential student applicants on the list)
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2012 18:12:09 GMT
On 4/12/2012 10:45 AM, Mohamed Nufail wrote:
> Hi Kathey,
>
> Thanks for noting. I have updated the proposal in the google doc also.
>
> As for the OSGi tests, I found out that Pax Exam [1] can be used for
> this purpose. Tests can be written using JUnit as any other JUnit
> test. Pax Exam is able to run an OSGi framework and add the tests as a
> bundle and run the tests within the OSGi environment. Also I found out
> that it can be integrated into an ant build. So I think this would
> serve our purpose. I have no prior experience of using this but from
> what I found out, Pax Exam is better than the other alternatives.
>
> [1] http://team.ops4j.org/wiki/display/paxexam/Pax+Exam

Great.  I see it has the Apache v2 license so that is really good.

https://github.com/ops4j/org.ops4j.pax.exam2/blob/master/LICENSE

Still when implemented  unless it is determined Paxexam is suitable to
check in, we should probably make a build property for the location and
skip the tests if it is not installed.