db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Katherine Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: GSoC 2012 Proposal
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 16:20:11 GMT
On 4/11/2012 4:25 AM, Tiago Espinha wrote:

> Also from talking with you on IRC, I see that the results you
> presented are based on Derby's automated reports. If you could get
> your Emma run setup before April 16 (the deadline for the student
> ranking) and you mention this in your application, it would make your
> proposal much stronger.

I too think it would be good to go through running the code coverage and
also for the the improvements for a summer projected it would be good to
focus on method coverage and focus on a few specific packages.

I think also allocating some time in the proposal for perhaps updating
and expanding our limited  documentation on  the running and analyzing
code coverage.
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/CodeCoverageWithEMMA

Also, I would like to hear your thoughts on how, given a specific method
for which you plan to improve coverage, how would you go about
identifying a functional test case which will cover the method.  This
will of course be the tricky bit of all of this.

Kathey