db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Katherine Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: GSoC 2012 - To potential student applicants on the list
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 17:44:16 GMT
On 4/4/2012 6:24 AM, Tiago Espinha wrote:
> Finally, here's a heads-up to all the students who would like to apply
> to this project: the application deadline is on April 6th, meaning you
> should get your project proposals submitted before then.
>
> Be sure to submit an abstract, a description of the tests you're
> willing to take on and a schedule for the conclusion of the tests. It
> is also important to mention whether you have successfully set up the
> Derby environment and whether you managed to compile Derby. I would
> also appreciate if the applicants send me (off-list, directly to my
> e-mail address) the jars resulting from their compilation. To
> strengthen your application I also recommend serious applicants to
> come to  our IRC channel (#derby @ irc.freenode.net
> <http://irc.freenode.net>) for an informal and quick interview.
>
> If you have developed for Derby before and/or created unit tests,
> please mention this in your application.

I am not sure if the process is exactly the same this year.  But here is
the scoring criteria for past years.  Some things you might not think of
like the interview or indicating how much time you can  dedicate count
for a lot.  So I suggest you review the scored items and make sure you
are covered.

http://community.apache.org/mentee-ranking-process.html