Looking at two heap dumps, one for yesterday and one for today, about 17 hours apart.  I notice that there is an increase in the classloaders of about 1150.    Somewhere I think I remember that derby creates classes on the fly for queries and loads them.  Is this true?

Related to the question is that I have a query that is created as a Statement, not a PreparedStatement.   I am not using a PreparedStatement as the tables involved in the query are dynamic.   A unique query is run about 4 times an hour.   Is this going to cause memory problems, permgen space in particular?

I could change the query to use a PeparedStatement but at the time I did not see any benefit as the query is going to be used exactly once.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Brett