db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Bergquist, Brett" <BBergqu...@canoga.com>
Subject Another question regarding memory and queries not using prepared statements
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 17:44:01 GMT
Looking at two heap dumps, one for yesterday and one for today, about 17 hours apart.  I notice
that there is an increase in the classloaders of about 1150.    Somewhere I think I remember
that derby creates classes on the fly for queries and loads them.  Is this true?

Related to the question is that I have a query that is created as a Statement, not a PreparedStatement.
  I am not using a PreparedStatement as the tables involved in the query are dynamic.   A
unique query is run about 4 times an hour.   Is this going to cause memory problems, permgen
space in particular?

I could change the query to use a PeparedStatement but at the time I did not see any benefit
as the query is going to be used exactly once.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Brett