db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <kristian.waa...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Saving test results of all the tests rather than successful runs getting deleted
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2012 06:42:40 GMT
On 07.03.2012 03:07, Mamta Satoor wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if there is any way to tell junit suite to save all
> the logs and database directories of all the tests that get run as
> part of the suite(both the failing and passing tests). I am looking at
> DERBY-5638 and want to make sure that the previous tests have nothing
> suspicious in their logs which intermittently makes the test fail.

Hi Mamta,

To my knowledge this isn't supported.
You could hack BaseTestCase.runBare to do it for you, but it would
consume a lot of space and would probably take quite a while longer too.

I don't know if we're set up properly to be able to only copy the
database/logs on suite boundaries, but that would probably cover most
cases at a lower cost.
One possible interception point, although it won't work in all cases, is
DropDatabaseSetup. CleanDatabaseSetup is another candidate.

Regards,
--
Kristian