db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [URGENT] Critical test situation on trunk
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 11:08:20 GMT
Rick Hillegas <rick.hillegas@oracle.com> writes:

> Thanks, Kathey. I will re-enable NativeAuthenticationServiceTest for
> non-windows platforms with my next checkin for DERBY-866. I hope to do
> that tomorrow after running a full test cycle on my machine tonight.

One observation: When NativeAuthenticationServiceTest was disabled on
all platforms, the Oracle tests started working again on non-Windows
platforms. Might be coincidental, but it might also mean that the test
is (still) causing problems on *nix.

(The Windows machines didn't produce any test results even after the
disabling of NativeAuthenticationServiceTest, but it looked like that
was because of some old test processes still hanging. I think I've
cleaned up those machines now, so Windows results may show up in the
next test cycle.)

The Tinderbox has been running successfully all the time, though (on a
Solaris machine). Not sure why it has been successful while the nightly
tests on the same platform choked.

--
Knut Anders