db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: missing link for emma reports.
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 08:54:43 GMT
dag.wanvik@oracle.com (Dag H. Wanvik) writes:

> Mike Matrigali <mikem_app@sbcglobal.net> writes:
>
>> I am hoping to get to a detail where I could identify untested
>> routines/lines.  I think it might be at the following "all classes"
>> link from above page but get an error trying to use that link.  I have
>> not looked at this for a long time, so not sure if it has ever worked
>> publicly or not.:
>> http://dbtg.foundry.sun.com/derby/test/coverage/coverage/sol/suitesAll20100402/index.html
>
> Not sure what's happening here. When I run emma in my sandbox I can
> indeed use these links. I believe Knut set this up on the test
> machines, I'm sure he can figure out what's missing tomorrow.

The date in the URL indicates it's a two year old test run, so it
probably doesn't tell much about the present state of the trunk in any
case. :)

I have set up a nightly test coverage run, but it's not published
anywhere right now. For some reason, the report generation frequently
fails with:

java.io.UTFDataFormatException: malformed input around byte 52
	at java.io.DataInputStream.readUTF(DataInputStream.java:656)
	at java.io.DataInputStream.readUTF(DataInputStream.java:564)
	at com.vladium.emma.data.ClassDescriptor.readExternal(ClassDescriptor.java:171)
	at com.vladium.emma.data.MetaData.readExternal(MetaData.java:228)
	at com.vladium.emma.data.DataFactory.readEntry(DataFactory.java:770)
	at com.vladium.emma.data.DataFactory.mergeload(DataFactory.java:461)
	at com.vladium.emma.data.DataFactory.load(DataFactory.java:56)
	at com.vladium.emma.report.ReportProcessor._run(ReportProcessor.java:175)
	at com.vladium.emma.Processor.run(Processor.java:54)
	at com.vladium.emma.report.reportCommand.run(reportCommand.java:130)
	at emma.main(emma.java:40)

I'll see if I can publish the reports in the cases where they are
generated successfully.

--
Knut Anders