db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [URGENT] Critical test situation on trunk
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 08:44:47 GMT
Rick Hillegas <rick.hillegas@oracle.com> writes:

> On 2/7/12 8:38 AM, Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
>> Rick Hillegas<rick.hillegas@oracle.com>  writes:
>>
>>> My last checkin (1241479) re-enabled NativeAuthenticationServiceTest
>>> on non-windows platforms. If the *nix tests fall over again tonight,
>>> then we should disable NativeAuthenticationServiceTest again until we
>>> understand the situation better.
>> Hi Rick,
>>
>> I just gave the test a try with Java 5 on Solaris, and it seems to get
>> stuck in the fifth configuration (consistently). No problems with Java 6
>> or Java 7. Do you have any theories on why it behaves differently on
>> Java 5?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
> Hi Knut,
>
> Thanks for running the test on other platforms. I don't know what is
> special about that configuration. I have instrumented the test to
> produce a fair amount of chatty output if you set
> -Dderby.tests.debug=true. If you set that flag and run on Java 5 on
> Solaris, we may get some clue about the problem from looking at the
> last statements printed to the console before the test hangs.

I'll take a look. The latest test cycle (with the test re-enabled)
passed on all platforms with Java 6 (including Windows). With Java 5,
the tests only passed on Windows. No Java 5 results were reported from
the Solaris and Linux variants.

Does the test pass with Java 5 in your (OS/X) environment?

--
Knut Anders