db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Bergquist, Brett" <BBergqu...@canoga.com>
Subject RE: Had Derby 10.8.2.2 fail today and need some thoughts
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 00:40:52 GMT

>From a previous capture of the "derby.log", it also appeared this happened on the Feb

a day and I am wondering if maybe there is some sort of leak here.   I will try my setup and
look again tomorrow using jvisualvm.

I appreciate your thoughts.

Brett
From: Mike Matrigali [mikem_app@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2012 6:40 PM
To: derby-dev@db.apache.org
Subject: Re: Had Derby 10.8.2.2 fail today and need some thoughts

Don't know by more info might help.  A catch 22 is that usually
the top of the derby.log usually has all the environment info
that could be useful.

Can you list OS, JVM.  I/O handling to the log is likely an OS
thing.  What properties do you have set, any special for error
logging?

I would likely look first for multiple starts and stops of derby
and a setting default for one of them to truncate the derby.log.
Maybe leading to multiple processes trying to write to same derby.log.

/mikem