db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Matrigali <mikem_...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: missing link for emma reports.
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 17:28:11 GMT
Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
> Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hatlen@oracle.com> writes:
>> dag.wanvik@oracle.com (Dag H. Wanvik) writes:
>>> Not sure what's happening here. When I run emma in my sandbox I can
>>> indeed use these links. I believe Knut set this up on the test
>>> machines, I'm sure he can figure out what's missing tomorrow.
>> The date in the URL indicates it's a two year old test run, so it
>> probably doesn't tell much about the present state of the trunk in any
>> case. :)
>> I have set up a nightly test coverage run, but it's not published
>> anywhere right now. For some reason, the report generation frequently
>> fails with:
>> java.io.UTFDataFormatException: malformed input around byte 52
>> 	at java.io.DataInputStream.readUTF(DataInputStream.java:656)
>> 	at java.io.DataInputStream.readUTF(DataInputStream.java:564)
>> 	at com.vladium.emma.data.ClassDescriptor.readExternal(ClassDescriptor.java:171)
>> 	at com.vladium.emma.data.MetaData.readExternal(MetaData.java:228)
>> 	at com.vladium.emma.data.DataFactory.readEntry(DataFactory.java:770)
>> 	at com.vladium.emma.data.DataFactory.mergeload(DataFactory.java:461)
>> 	at com.vladium.emma.data.DataFactory.load(DataFactory.java:56)
>> 	at com.vladium.emma.report.ReportProcessor._run(ReportProcessor.java:175)
>> 	at com.vladium.emma.Processor.run(Processor.java:54)
>> 	at com.vladium.emma.report.reportCommand.run(reportCommand.java:130)
>> 	at emma.main(emma.java:40)
>> I'll see if I can publish the reports in the cases where they are
>> generated successfully.
> An updated report is available here:
> http://dbtg.foundry.sun.com/derby/test/coverage/
thanks.  That is a great upper level report.  Is there any generated
report/data that would allow me to tell which classes, methods, blocks,
lines are not covered?  Obviously lines would be a huge amount of data.
  I think classes and methods would be a great start at pointing us at
what new testing we should do.

View raw message