db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Katherine Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [URGENT] Critical test situation on trunk
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 16:25:18 GMT
On 2/3/2012 12:30 PM, Katherine Marsden wrote:
> Right now the IBM Tests are not running due to a hang from in
> NativeAuthenticationServiceTest DERBY-5601
>
> http://people.apache.org/~myrnavl/derby_test_results/main/windows/testSummary-1239981.html

>  Oracle tests seem to be broken:
> http://dbtg.foundry.sun.com/derby/test/Daily/jvm1.6/testing/Limited/testSummary-1239719.html

> I am not sure if Oracle has the same issue or something else.
>
> As far as I know these are our only sources of regression tests so I
> think we better close down trunk except for efforts to get the runs
> going again.  Unfortunately for DERBY-5601 I cannot reproduce at least
> with the single test on my machine.Unfortunately also I am about to
> head out of town for the weekend.

  Both IBM and Oracle tests are running through to completion now on all
platforms. Thanks Rick for the hang fix, Kristian for the spawned
process improvements and Myrna for debugging the environment and machine
issues and Mike for making lots of intermittent test failure fixes and
everyone who did local runs while things were down.  Such a community
effort!

Here are the latest results with a few new failures.  I filed a new
issue from the IBM runs in SecureServerTest but not the ones that show
up in the oracle runs.

IBM trunk Test runs Feb 15 (1244826)
Windows all passed:
people.apache.org/~myrnavl/derby_test_results/main/windows/testSummary-1244826.html
Linux 1 new failure in SecureServerTest -
http://people.apache.org/~myrnavl/derby_test_results/main/linux/testSummary-1244826.html
I filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-5621 for the Linux
issue.

Oracle trunk test runs Feb 15 (1244593)
http://dbtg.foundry.sun.com/derby/test/Daily/jvm1.5/testing/Limited/testSummary-1244593.html
I see new failures in UpdateLocksTest on vista 1.5:  I will leave to
someone with access to this system to file the issue and determine if it
might be checkin related.
http://dbtg.foundry.sun.com/derby/test/Daily/jvm1.5/testing/testlog/vista/1244593-suitesAll_diff.txt

1) testReadUncommitted(org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.store.UpdateLocksTest)java.sql.SQLException:
Table/View 'A' already exists in Schema 'APP'.
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.handleException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.handleException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.ConnectionChild.handleException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeStatement(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.execute(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeUpdate(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.store.UpdateLocksTest.doRunTests(UpdateLocksTest.java:185)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.store.UpdateLocksTest.testReadUncommitted(UpdateLocksTest.java:158)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestCase.runBare(BaseTestCase.java:113)
	at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:24)
	at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:21)
	at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:25)
	at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:24)
	at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:21)
	at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:25)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestSetup.run(BaseTestSetup.java:57)
Caused by: ERROR X0Y32: Table/View 'A' already exists in Schema 'APP'.
	at org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.catalog.DataDictionaryImpl.duplicateDescriptorException(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.catalog.DataDictionaryImpl.addDescriptor(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.CreateTableConstantAction.executeConstantAction(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.MiscResultSet.open(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.executeStmt(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.execute(Unknown Source)
	... 36 more
There was 1 failure:
1) testSerializable(org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.store.UpdateLocksTest)junit.framework.AssertionFailedError:
Missing rows in ResultSet
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.JDBC.assertUnorderedResultSet(JDBC.java:1351)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.JDBC.assertUnorderedResultSet(JDBC.java:1287)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.store.UpdateLocksTest.updateBtreeSetLocks(UpdateLocksTest.java:6897)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.store.UpdateLocksTest.doRunTests(UpdateLocksTest.java:387)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.store.UpdateLocksTest.testSerializable(UpdateLocksTest.java:154)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestCase.runBare(BaseTestCase.java:113)
	at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:24)
	at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:21)
	at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:25)
	at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:24)
	at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:21)
	at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:25)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestSetup.run(BaseTestSetup.java:57)

FAILURES!!!
Tests run: 13247,  Failures: 1,  Errors: 1

Kathey