db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [URGENT] Critical test situation on trunk
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 14:42:24 GMT
On 2/8/12 12:44 AM, Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
> Rick Hillegas<rick.hillegas@oracle.com>  writes:

>>> Hi Rick,
>>>
>>> I just gave the test a try with Java 5 on Solaris, and it seems to get
>>> stuck in the fifth configuration (consistently). No problems with Java 6
>>> or Java 7. Do you have any theories on why it behaves differently on
>>> Java 5?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>> Hi Knut,
>>
>> Thanks for running the test on other platforms. I don't know what is
>> special about that configuration. I have instrumented the test to
>> produce a fair amount of chatty output if you set
>> -Dderby.tests.debug=true. If you set that flag and run on Java 5 on
>> Solaris, we may get some clue about the problem from looking at the
>> last statements printed to the console before the test hangs.
> I'll take a look. The latest test cycle (with the test re-enabled)
> passed on all platforms with Java 6 (including Windows). With Java 5,
> the tests only passed on Windows. No Java 5 results were reported from
> the Solaris and Linux variants.
>
> Does the test pass with Java 5 in your (OS/X) environment?

Can't test that. Apple doesn't want users to linger on old VMs. You
can't get Java 5 for my machine anymore. In its infinite wisdom, Apple
only put Java 6 on my old machine (when they repaired its crashed disk).
On my new machine I have Apple's official Java 6 and various versions of
the OpenJDK Java 7.

Thanks,
-Rick