db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <kristian.waa...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [URGENT] Critical test situation on trunk
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 20:18:50 GMT
On 07.02.2012 17:18, Katherine Marsden wrote:
> On 2/7/2012 2:55 AM, Kristian Waagan wrote:
>>>
>>> (net)derbynet.SecureServerTest.testServerStartup used 6750 ms E.
>>> (net)derbynet.SecureServerTest.testServerStartup used 46827 ms F.
>>

>> Is the stack trace ([1]) for the first SecureServerStartup, or for the
>> second one?
>> If from the second one, what's the error for the first?
>> And, do you know where the interrupt comes from?
>> Did you manually kill/interrupt the test run, or did it die on its own?
> think it is from the first one:
> Full output is at:
> http://people.apache.org/~myrnavl/derby_test_results/main/windows/testlog/ibm15/1240879-suites.All_diff.txt
>> And, do you know where the interrupt comes from?
> It seems related somehow to launching a process with cygwin on that
> particuar machine.
>
>> Did you manually kill/interrupt the test run, or did it die on its own?
>
> Once NativeAuthenticationServiceTest was disabled the tests ran through
> to completion but with 75-77 failures and 817 errors as you can see from
> the above run.

Thanks, Kathey.

If you're interested, you can try to apply the attached patch ([1]) and
see if the logs contain any useful information.
The patch catches the interrupt and tries to collect any output on the
subprocess' stdout and stderr before killing the process. Depending on
what's going on, there may be nothing there.
I've only tested the patch with SecureServerTest.

--
Kristian

[1] It's a git patch, use -p1 with patch when applying.