db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [URGENT] Critical test situation on trunk
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 17:31:16 GMT
On 2/7/12 8:38 AM, Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:
> Rick Hillegas<rick.hillegas@oracle.com>  writes:
>
>> My last checkin (1241479) re-enabled NativeAuthenticationServiceTest
>> on non-windows platforms. If the *nix tests fall over again tonight,
>> then we should disable NativeAuthenticationServiceTest again until we
>> understand the situation better.
> Hi Rick,
>
> I just gave the test a try with Java 5 on Solaris, and it seems to get
> stuck in the fifth configuration (consistently). No problems with Java 6
> or Java 7. Do you have any theories on why it behaves differently on
> Java 5?
>
> Thanks,

Hi Knut,

Thanks for running the test on other platforms. I don't know what is
special about that configuration. I have instrumented the test to
produce a fair amount of chatty output if you set
-Dderby.tests.debug=true. If you set that flag and run on Java 5 on
Solaris, we may get some clue about the problem from looking at the last
statements printed to the console before the test hangs.

Thanks,
-Rick