db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Waagan <kristian.waa...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [URGENT] Critical test situation on trunk
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 10:55:43 GMT
On 06.02.2012 19:52, Katherine Marsden wrote:
> On 2/6/2012 5:52 AM, Rick Hillegas wrote:
>> I am looking into the best way to get a window installation where I
>> can debug this. Stand by...
>>
> Thanks Rick,
>
> Talking with Myrna, Mike and Mamta and looking back at the onset of
> the NativeAuthenticationTest hang.  I see that even at that time we
> had the prior SecureServerTest failure
>
> (net)derbynet.SecureServerTest.testServerStartup used 6750 ms E.
> (net)derbynet.SecureServerTest.testServerStartup used 46827 ms F.

Is the stack trace ([1]) for the first SecureServerStartup, or for the
second one?
If from the second one, what's the error for the first?
And, do you know where the interrupt comes from?
Did you manually kill/interrupt the test run, or did it die on its own?

Regads,
--
Kristian

> Which we found later to have the stack Trace below [1] and which
> seemed to send things going down hill and let up to the hagn.
> Myrna also told me at the  the time this all started, she just
> switched over to cygwin from another shell program.
>
> I have done suites.All runs sane and insane on my Windows machine as
> have Mike and Mamta and runs are clean, so I think it would be good to
> reenable NativeAuthenticationServiceTest on non-windows platforms and
> even on windows for non-ibm jvm's.
> Myrna is working on figuring out why the cygwin upgrade caused such
> trouble on this machine.  I will do this tomorrow unless someone else
> beats me to it.
>

> Thanks
>
> Kathey
>
> [1] SecureServerTest( Opened = false, Authenticated= false, CustomDerbyProperties= null,
WildCardHost= null )java.lang.InterruptedException