db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Katherine Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [URGENT] Critical test situation on trunk
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 18:52:52 GMT
On 2/6/2012 5:52 AM, Rick Hillegas wrote:
> I am looking into the best way to get a window installation where I
> can debug this. Stand by...

Thanks Rick,

Talking with Myrna, Mike and Mamta and looking back at the onset of the
NativeAuthenticationTest hang.  I see that even at that time we had the
prior SecureServerTest failure

(net)derbynet.SecureServerTest.testServerStartup used 6750 ms E.
(net)derbynet.SecureServerTest.testServerStartup used 46827 ms F.
Which we found later to have the stack Trace below [1] and which seemed
to send things going down hill and let up to the hagn.
Myrna also told me at the  the time this all started, she just switched
over to cygwin from another shell program.

I have done suites.All runs sane and insane on my Windows machine as
have Mike and Mamta and runs are clean, so I think it would be good to
reenable NativeAuthenticationServiceTest on non-windows platforms and
even on windows for non-ibm jvm's.
Myrna is working on figuring out why the cygwin upgrade caused such
trouble on this machine.  I will do this tomorrow unless someone else
beats me to it.

Thanks

Kathey

[1] SecureServerTest( Opened = false, Authenticated= false, CustomDerbyProperties= null, WildCardHost=
null )java.lang.InterruptedException
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.SpawnedProcess.complete(SpawnedProcess.java:184)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.SpawnedProcess.complete(SpawnedProcess.java:146)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.derbynet.SecureServerTest.runServerCommand(SecureServerTest.java:481)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.derbynet.SecureServerTest.runsysinfo(SecureServerTest.java:411)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.derbynet.SecureServerTest.testServerStartup(SecureServerTest.java:350)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:48)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestCase.runBare(BaseTestCase.java:116)
	at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:24)
	at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:21)
	at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:25)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestSetup.run(BaseTestSetup.java:57)