db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Katherine Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: [URGENT] Critical test situation on trunk
Date Sun, 05 Feb 2012 20:13:52 GMT
On 2/3/2012 1:45 PM, Katherine Marsden wrote:
> On 2/3/2012 1:36 PM, Dag H. Wanvik wrote:
>> Katherine Marsden<kmarsdenderby@sbcglobal.net>  writes:
>>
>>> Can someone look to see what is happening with the Oracle runs?
>> Knut has been tending these lately, Apparently he has had some issues
>> with the machines, and he's out this week. We aim to get tests up and
>> running again.
> Thanks Dag,
>
> Just so we have some sort of regression test reporting in the
> meanwhile. I am going to go ahead and disable
> NativeAuthenticationServiceTest so hopefully the IBM runs will get
> going again.
>
> On my windows machine,  I kicked of suites.All and  it ran through
> this test with no problem, so I am not clear what the problem may be,
> but would like to start seeing something run that the community can
> check.

Good news is IBM trunk  runs are not hanging. The bad news is they are
failing miserably with 77 failures and 816 errors.
It starts with

java.lang.InterruptedException  in ServerPropertiesTest and then fails to start the database
from there.

http://people.apache.org/~myrnavl/derby_test_results/main/windows/testSummary-1240448.html
and again the next night with:
http://people.apache.org/~myrnavl/derby_test_results/main/windows/testSummary-1240654.html

1) SecureServerTest( Opened = false, Authenticated= false, CustomDerbyProperties= null, WildCardHost=
null )java.lang.InterruptedException
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.SpawnedProcess.complete(SpawnedProcess.java:184)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.SpawnedProcess.complete(SpawnedProcess.java:146)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.derbynet.SecureServerTest.runServerCommand(SecureServerTest.java:481)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.derbynet.SecureServerTest.runsysinfo(SecureServerTest.java:411)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.tests.derbynet.SecureServerTest.testServerStartup(SecureServerTest.java:350)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:48)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestCase.runBare(BaseTestCase.java:116)
	at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:24)
	at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:21)
	at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:25)
	at org.apache.derbyTesting.junit.BaseTestSetup.run(BaseTestSetup.java:57)
	at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:24)
	at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:21)
	at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:25)
	at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:24)
	at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:21)
	at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:25)
	at junit.extensions.TestDecorator.basicRun(TestDecorator.java:24)
	at junit.extensions.TestSetup$1.protect(TestSetup.java:21)
	at junit.extensions.TestSetup.run(TestSetup.java:25)

Jira is down right now. I will file an issue as soon as it is up.

Thanks

Kathey