db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Katherine Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject [URGENT] Critical test situation on trunk
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2012 20:30:02 GMT
Right now the IBM Tests are not running due to a hang from in
NativeAuthenticationServiceTest DERBY-5601

http://people.apache.org/~myrnavl/derby_test_results/main/windows/testSummary-1239981.html

  Oracle tests seem to be broken:
http://dbtg.foundry.sun.com/derby/test/Daily/jvm1.6/testing/Limited/testSummary-1239719.html

I am not sure if Oracle has the same issue or something else.

As far as I know these are our only sources of regression tests so I
think we better close down trunk except for efforts to get the runs
going again.  Unfortunately for DERBY-5601 I cannot reproduce at least
with the single test on my machine.Unfortunately also I am about to head
out of town for the weekend.

Rick, would you be willing to disable NativeAuthenticationServiceTest
for the short term to see if that at least gets the IBM runs going again?

Can someone look to see what is happening with the Oracle runs?

Can everyone please refrain from other trunk checkins until we get
things stabilized?

Thanks

Kathey