db-derby-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Mamta A. Satoor (Commented) (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (DERBY-4295) SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_INPLACE_COMPRESS_TABLE cannot be executed after granting permission for execute.
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2012 16:56:34 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4295?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13212734#comment-13212734
] 

Mamta A. Satoor commented on DERBY-4295:
----------------------------------------

Went through the jira and it doesn't look like we came to any conclusion on what is the right
behavior. We would need to decide on the correct behavior when we work on this jira again,
                
> SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_INPLACE_COMPRESS_TABLE cannot be executed after granting permission
for execute. 
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: DERBY-4295
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-4295
>             Project: Derby
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Documentation
>    Affects Versions: 10.5.1.1
>         Environment: Windows Vista
>            Reporter: Lily Wei
>            Priority: Minor
>              Labels: derby_triage10_5_2
>         Attachments: derby4295.diff
>
>
> When using derby.properties file from mailjdbc tests, call SYSCS_UTIL.SYCS_INPLACE_COMPRESs_TABLE
is fine user 'BACKUP' with the following operation. Please see below:
> ij version 10.3
> ij> connect 'jdbc:derby:tpri;user=BACKUP;password=Backup';
> ij> create table a (col1 int, col2 clob);
> 0 rows inserted/updated/deleted
> ij> insert into a values (1, '1');
> 1 row inserted/updated/deleted
> ij> insert into a values (2, '2');
> 1 row inserted/updated/deleted
> ij> grant execute on procedure SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_INPLACE_COMPRESS_TABLE to BACKUP;
> 0 rows inserted/updated/deleted
> ij version 10.3
> ij> connect 'jdbc:derby:tpri;user=BACKUP;password=Backup';
> ij> call SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_INPLACE_COMPRESS_TABLE('REFRESH','A',1,1,1);
> 0 rows inserted/updated/deleted              <<<====Operation successful=====
>  
> However, on 10.5, the same operation result ERROR 38000
> ij> connect 'jdbc:derby:tpri;create=true;user=REFRESH;password=Refresh';
> ij> create table a (col1 int, col2 clob);
> 0 rows inserted/updated/deleted
> ij> insert into a values (1, '1');
> 1 row inserted/updated/deleted
> ij> insert into a values (1, '2');
> 1 row inserted/updated/deleted
> ij> grant execute on procedure SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_INPLACE_COMPRESS_TABLE to BACKUP;
> 0 rows inserted/updated/deleted
> ij> exit;
>  
> ij version 10.5
> ij> connect 'jdbc:derby:tpri;user=BACKUP;password=Backup';
> ij> call SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_INPLACE_COMPRESS_TABLE('REFRESH','A',1,1,1);
> ERROR 38000: The exception 'java.sql.SQLException: User 'BACKUP' can not perform
>  the operation in schema 'REFRESH'.' was thrown while evaluating an expression.
> ERROR 42507: User 'BACKUP' can not perform the operation in schema 'REFRESH'.  <<<====Operation
result with ERROR 38000
> ERROR 42507: User 'BACKUP' can not perform the operation in schema 'REFRESH'.^M
>         at org.apache.derby.iapi.error.StandardException.newException(StandardEx
> ception.java:303)^M
>         at org.apache.derby.iapi.sql.dictionary.StatementSchemaPermission.check(
> StatementSchemaPermission.java:83)^M
>         at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.conn.GenericAuthorizer.authorize(GenericAut
> horizer.java:186)^M
>         at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.GenericResultSetFactory.getDDLResul
> tSet(GenericResultSetFactory.java:1073)^M
>         at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.ConstantActionActivation.execute(Co
> nstantActionActivation.java:61)^M
>         at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericActivationHolder.execute(GenericActi
> vationHolder.java:352)^M
>         at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.executeStmt(Generi
> cPreparedStatement.java:414)^M
>         at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.execute(GenericPre
> paredStatement.java:297)^M
>         at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeStatement(EmbedState
> ment.java:1235)^M
>         at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.executeStatement(Em
> bedPreparedStatement.java:1648)^M
>         at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(Embed
> PreparedStatement.java:294)^M
>         at org.apache.derby.catalog.SystemProcedures.SYSCS_INPLACE_COMPRESS_TABL
> E(SystemProcedures.java:1145)^M
>         at org.apache.derby.exe.ac83ba410fx0122x159fx9a84x0000004261f80.g0(Unkno
> wn Source)^M
>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)^M
>         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)^M
>         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)^M
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)^M
>         at org.apache.derby.impl.services.reflect.ReflectMethod.invoke(ReflectMe
> thod.java:46)
>         at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.execute.CallStatementResultSet.open(CallSta
> tementResultSet.java:76)^M
>         at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.executeStmt(Generi
> cPreparedStatement.java:416)^M
>         at org.apache.derby.impl.sql.GenericPreparedStatement.execute(GenericPre
> paredStatement.java:297)^M
>         at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedStatement.executeStatement(EmbedState
> ment.java:1235)^M
>         at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.executeStatement(Em
> bedPreparedStatement.java:1648)^M
>         at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedCallableStatement.executeStatement(Em
> bedCallableStatement.java:117)^M
>         at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedPreparedStatement.execute(EmbedPrepar
> edStatement.java:1303)^M
>         at org.apache.derbyTesting.system.mailjdbc.utils.DbTasks.compressTable(D
> bTasks.java:618)^M
>         at org.apache.derbyTesting.system.mailjdbc.tasks.Backup.DoCompress(Backu
> p.java:79)^M
>         at org.apache.derbyTesting.system.mailjdbc.tasks.Backup.doWork(Backup.ja
> va:68)^M
>         at org.apache.derbyTesting.system.mailjdbc.tasks.Backup.run(Backup.java:
> 46)^M
> Cleanup action completed^M
>        I will add the test to test/langGrantRevokeDDLTest.java.

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ContactAdministrators!default.jspa
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

Mime
View raw message