db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Hillegas <rick.hille...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Copyright clairification for fo2html.xsl in Derby software.
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 19:22:14 GMT

> http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html
>
> see the section titled "Treatment of Third-Party Works".
>
> I hope this helps,
>
>  -jean

Thanks, Jean, that's very helpful. If I am reading that web-page
correctly, the scripts in question are addressed by the section titled
"Treatment of Third-Party Works". Bullet (2) in that section clarifies:

"2) Do ensure that every third-party work includes its associated
license, even if that requires adding a copy of the license from the
third-party download site into the distribution."

I believe that the following paragraph in the docs NOTICE file covers
these scripts. That is, this is the license which Dan is looking for:

"The XSL stylesheets in the documentation source directory 'lib'
were originally developed by the DITA Open Toolkit project as part
of DITA-OT 1.1.2.1. These files are copyright 2004, 2005 IBM Corp.
and licensed under the Apache License Version 2.0. See DITA project
page at http://dita-ot.sourceforge.net/"

I have verified that the DITA toolkit is licensed under Apache 2.0 here:
http://dita-ot.sourceforge.net/license.html

Thanks,
-Rick