db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Knut Anders Hatlen <knut.hat...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: how can we get better testing for collation based databases?
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2011 13:09:40 GMT
Mike Matrigali <mikem_app@sbcglobal.net> writes:

> It seems like we are seeing a number of basic collation based errors
> getting reported.  I am wondering if we can somehow leverage our
> existing tests to get at least a one off run through the collation
> codepaths.

Might be possible to do that by changing TestConfiguration.JUNIT_CONFIG
to include collation in the default connection attributes. Something
like this should do the trick, I think:

    private static final TestConfiguration JUNIT_CONFIG;
    static {
        Properties props = new Properties();
        props.setProperty("collation", "TERRITORY_BASED");
        JUNIT_CONFIG = new TestConfiguration().addConnectionAttributes(props);
    }

--
Knut Anders